Health and safety rules
- No smoking in buildings.
- No alcohol or drugs on property.
- Know and observe all OHS rules, including any site-specific rules.
- Observe details of emergency response and evacuation plans. They should be on a notice board.
- All work at heights must have the permission of the OHS coordinator before you start.
- Don't do any work for which you are not qualified, e.g. electrical maintenance.
- Keep yourself and others safe (your duty of care).
- Take responsibility for your own OHS by not doing anything that may endanger your OHS or that of a fellow employee or voluntary worker.
- Do your housekeeping in your work area so that it is always tidy and free from hazards.
- Plan your work so that you can work safely.
- If you have to lift any items likely to cause injury, get help before going ahead with it.
- P-plate (probationary) drivers should not normally convey passengers unless you have:
- checked that cars are insured, preferably with comprehensive insurance, and
- checked the driver's license and that it is not suspended.
Do you understand this?
Click on your answer:
Yes, I'm ready to go on.
No, I need to reread it.